Aqualandia opened it’s gates to the public in 1985 and is Spain’s longest established water park having received several prestigious awards. Located in beautiful natural surroundings, the park covers an area of 150,000 square metres and boasts 15 water rides and slides with something for all the family from kids to adults. The huge volume of water feeding the pools and rides is sourced from onsite wells and is continually treated, purified and recycled for the guests enjoyment.
Throughout the park visitors can enjoy beautiful green areas with plenty of shade, picnic and BBQ areas, sun loungers and parasols. There are refreshment stands offering ice cream and waffles, snack bar, café, pizzeria and a burger bar. You can browse the souvenir shop and if you need help or directions there is an information bureau and lost & found. There is a photo booth, ATM, currency exchange, first aid station, changing rooms, lockers and showers.
The rides, slides and attractions at Aqualandia are categorised according to intensity and have stringent safety measures in place such as height restrictions and lifeguards to ensure a safe and fun days outing for all ages. For thrill seekers, the park boasts Europe’s highest standing water slide and the world’s highest capsule slide!
Slides & Attractions
For the younger children in the family, Aqualandia offers a number of infantile water attractions including the following:
- Laguna – A large shallow pool featuring gentle slides, trampolines, climbing frames and fountains, to mention but a few.
- Amazon – A circular river of gently circulating water to float around in.
- Adventureland – A kids shallow pool area featuring slides, ball pool, water throwers and kids maze.
- Grand Jacuzzi – A huge jacuzzi with water massage and fountains for relaxation.
- Wave Pool – A large pool featuring shallow and deep ends with gentle waves.
The park’s moderate attractions are perfect for older kids, teens and adults but some have height restrictions. The rides on offer include:
- Mini Zig-Zag – As the name suggests, the slide zig-zags its way down a moderate slope and is ideal for smaller kids accompanied by an adult.
- Niagara – A re-creation of a tropical beach complete with large pools, caves and waterfalls where all the family can relax and have fun.
- Smooth Slides – This is great fun and the combination of 5 parallel slides with humps on the way down make for a sporty race between friends.
- Black Hole – So long as you are not scared of the dark, this slide is completely enclosed and pitch black inside so you just don’t know what’s coming up next!
- Rapids – This slide allows riders to scoot down the rapids, one after the other in rubber rings.
For the fearless adrenaline junkies, Aqualandia has 2 rides they call Radical Attractions and although not only for adults, both have height restrictions.
- Big Bang – These are a selection of steep, fast chutes that will send you hurtling down from a great height, almost giving the feeling of free fall.
- Verti-Go – Is the ultimate thrill and Europe’s highest standing water slide where you certainly will experience free fall, from 33 metres and reaching speeds of up to 100 km/h.
Opening Times & Tickets
Aqualandia is open daily from 10:00 to 21:00 and there are many different tickets available which include:
- Afternoon ticket – Adult 25.00€ / Senior 21.00€ / Junior 21.00€
- One day ticket – Adult 37.00€ / Senior 28.00€ / Junior 28.00€
- Family ticket for 2 adults and 1 child – 79.00€
- Family ticket for 2 adults and 2 children – 99.00€
- Super friends ticket – valid for groups of 5 or more adults or children – 29.00€ per person
There are also various combination tickets available at discount prices that allow visitors a full day at Aqualandia and another at one or more of the groups other exciting parks such as Terra Mítica and Mundomar. Also worth noting: Some of the tickets are only available to purchase online, and all tickets purchased online are a few euros cheaper than at the gate, making for considerable savings for families and groups. Please note: All prices may be subject to change.