With its fantastic weather and beautiful countryside, one of the most popular leisure activities for holidaymakers visiting Benidorm is golf. Spain has long been considered a top European destination for golf, and the Costa Blanca in particular boasts some of the best courses in the country. Golfing enthusiasts staying in Benidorm can enjoy a choice of 15 golf courses within a 2 hour drive of the city, 2 of which are right on the doorstep.
Benidorm's Puig Campana Mountain provides the perfect backdrop to the truly stunning Meliá Villaitana Resort Hotel. The resort has been designed to look and feel like a Mediterranean village and it is immediately obvious that no expense has been spared during its construction. Set in extensive landscaped gardens, the resort boasts an array of tropical plants and trees, lagoon style swimming pool and beach, heated pool, large SPA with thermal pools, gymnasium and 13 treatment rooms, as well as a 6000 metre square conference centre with a capacity for 1,200 guests and 17 meeting rooms.
Meliá Villaitana Golf
At Meliá Villaitana guests and day visitors can enjoy a choice of challenging 18 hole golf courses, both designed by the talented and much loved Jack Nicklaus. Their Poniente course is the shorter of the two at 3,858 metres long and a par of 62. The course has been designed for various par 3's and 4's and its mix of green valleys and pine woods offer splendid mountain, city and sea views. At 6,576 metres long and a par of 72, the Levante course provides for a great day of golf with its beautifully designed greens and wide sweeping fairways.
CLUB SERVICES & FACILITIES
- 300 metre long natural grass practice area with 30 teeing positions.
- 2 practice bunkers and 2 putting greens.
- Club house restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating for 160 persons.
- Pro shop offering a range of golfing accessories and clothing.
- Buggy, trolley and club hire.
- Changing rooms and lockers.
For players staying in the city who just fancy a quick game, Club de Golf Las Rejas is a 9 hole, par 3 course suitable for both novices and experienced players located just 1 kilometre from Poniente beach, making it convenient to enjoy a game while the family relax by the sea. There is a practice area with a putting green and bunker as well as a driving range. The club's terrace bar offers comfortable seating and views over the course.
CLUB FACILITIES & PRICES
- Flat rate green fee 15€
- Green fee when playing from 3pm 8.50€
- Various multi booking deals from 65€ for 5 rounds to 400€ for 40 rounds.
- 10 rounds multi booking playing from 3pm 70€
- Various private lessons from 25€ for 30 minutes.
- Various multi private lesson deals.
- Driving range 36 balls bucket 2€
- Golf clubs and accessories hire.
- Manual trolley hire (min 18 holes) 2.80€
- Buggy hire (min 18 holes) 7€
Please note: All prices may be subject to change.