Benidorm Indoor Market
The city of Benidorm offers fantastic shopping opportunities from ‘Chino’ bric-a-brac shops to exclusive boutiques, and some great bargains can be found at Mercaloix Indoor Market, more commonly referred to as Benidorm Indoor Market. Unlike many, more westernised countries where most fresh produce is conveniently purchased in supermarkets, the markets in Spain are still the main source of fresh produce for a lot of Spaniards who will visit on a weekly basis and haggle fiercely for the best bargains.
With the huge amount of foreign holidaymakers visiting Benidorm each year, market stalls are increasingly targeting their products to the holiday trade, and although this can be said about Mercaloix Indoor Market, there are still some great products on offer and bargains to be found.
Benidorm Indoor Market
Located on the corner of Calle Gerona and Av. Ametlla de Mar, in the popular area of Rincon de Loix, the market has 3 entrances, one opposite Hotel Nereo, another opposite KFC and the 3rd next to Hotel Pelicanos. The entrances have all been adapted for wheelchair use, and the market area is easy to get around. Being a popular area with British tourists, most of the independent shops are British owned so non Spanish speakers won’t have a problem. The mix of shops and stalls offer something for everyone and there are ample places within the market offering refreshments. Below is a list of some of the shops in Benidorm Indoor Market.
Market Shops & Stalls
- Maravelles – A well established fruit & veg stall offering nicely presented fresh products at market prices. Located in row A, on the corner of row 1.
- Alarconsfood – A British run bakery/cafe with a seating area to relax and enjoy some of their delicious cakes, sandwiches and pastries washed down with a cold beer or cup of tea.
- Bar Jose & Family – A delightful cafe/bar offering Spanish and British food, spit roast chicken, burgers, sandwiches, tapas and freshly cooked paella. Located in row A, between row 2 and 3.
- Carnicería Melchor – Well established butchery offering nicely presented fresh meats, cooked hams, cured ham & sausage, cheeses and British goods. Located in row A, between row 1 and 2
- Naima’s Bags – A favourite with the ladies offering a great range of leather goods, handbags, purses, wallets, jewellery and accessories.
- Europound – No need to worry about running out of euros when shopping as Europound offer good exchange rates on cash and gold. There are 2 shops available in row A and row 1.
- Mailbox Benidorm – A handy international postal service that can receive and send mail worldwide via their forwarding service. Secure, private mailboxes also available.
- Jenny’s Fashion – Offering a lovely range of ladies and teen clothing and accessories that include top international designs. Located in row 2.
- Hepburns – Hair & beauty salon offering styling, perming, colouring, manicures, pedicures, eyelash tinting, waxing and barbering. Located in row 1 and 2.
Opening Days & Times
Monday to Friday from 08:00 – 18:00. Saturday from 08:00 – 15:00 (some shops may differ)